Evolve, Ensure & Expect to grow Exponentially.
The recent public health threat from the coronavirus outbreak has brought working from home into the mainstream.
Remote work has been on the rise over the past decade. Companies small and large have begun to offer flexible schedules and telecommuting options to their employees.
However, a major physical event like a pandemic is suddenly forcing organizations to establish effective remote workflows.
As more people work from home today, we want to give you a well thought – out guide to set up your home office.
Technology itself isn’t what makes remote work successful. Rather, it’s the optimization of workflows to support and empower both the employee and the organization.
We begin this guide with a short and practical checklist to let you plan your home office quickly and efficiently.
Plan your workspace: The best way to set up your home office
before jumping straight into setting up your desk and computer, would be to take a minute , step back and plan what your home office should look like. Think carefully about what you need to be productive when working from home. What are the essential things you need nearby while working without much hinderance or disturbance. For example a glass of water or a cup of coffee, may be few snacks to munch etc.
Where to set up your home office:
For better decision making ask yourself a few questions:
1. What will you need for a home office? Do you work mostly on your computer or do you need extra space to work with printed documents?
2. Do you work primarily online? Is a strong and reliable internet connection essential for your work?
3. Do you expect to do regular video conferences with your co-workers?
4.What do you want to show in your background when doing a video call?
5. Do you have kids at home? Do you need a quiet and isolated place to work without distraction or interruption?
Tips for Designing an Office at Home
1. SPACE / LOCATION: Your kitchen table or a desk tucked into a corner of a bedroom is a good place to get started on your home business journey, but as you grow, you’ll want to design an office that supports your work. Opt for Minimalist work space
2. LIGHTING: Try to put your desk near a window, in order to get natural light and fresh air. If you don’t have windows in room, get good quality lighting that not only lights the room but your work area as well. (TABLE LAMPS, PENDANT LIGHTS ETC.)
3. ORGANIZATION: The old rule, “a place for everything and everything in its place” was coined to relieve stress. Buy or customise options available for organization of papers on your desk, pencil cups or trays to keep all writing instruments in one place, plus memo and business card holders so, literally, there is a place for everything.
4. COMFORTABLE ERGONOMIC CHAIR: It’s worth investing in quality to protect your back and prevent long term injury.
5. CLUTTER CONTROL: Corral your pens, paperclips, and other office tools into a cup or other desk organization tool.
6. CABLE MANAGEMENT: Organise your Laptop/computer, printer and data cables with help of clips and cable managers available in the market
7. DECORATE TO INSPIRE & MOTIVATE: Even working at home can get tedious and dull. A drab home office can sap your energy , making it hard to work. Paint your home office in a color you like. Hang pictures, posters, and décor on the walls. Surround yourself with items that motivate likevpictures of your family, inspiring quotes, a vision board, and other items that brings you joy.
8. BE GREEN: Design an environment friendly home office to reduce clutter and expenses. Reuse and recycle paper and other items whenever possible. Switch to digital tools over planners and other paper items.
Use energy-saving light bulbs and power strips, and weather seal your windows, which will save on your power bill.
9. PRIVACY: No one can work effectively in a sea of noise or interruptions. When planning your office area, ensure that it affords a degree of privacy from surrounding activities. To reduce noise use Portable screens, divider walls, partitions huge bookcases that will not only divide the area but provide superior storage solutions.
The possibility to work remotely, having your own luxury to work from home is definitely going to be practiced eventually. So better Evolve ,Ensure and Expect to grow Exponentially.
Concept by :
Ar. Manish Kainth
Written by :
Ar. Rachna Tiwari